Saturday, May 5, 2012

Villahermosa, Mexico; Day 13

This morning we woke up and walked to the place we've been eating at for the last few nights and had breakfast. We had pancakes and bacon!! I didn't eat the bacon of course but it was so good to have an American breakfast.. we've been eating rolls and bananas and nasty Mexican juice for the last few days so this was so good.
After breakfast we loaded the bus and headed to La Venta in Villahermosa, in Tabasco state. We walked around for a couple hours there and saw some good big heads and altars and stuff from the Olmec era. They had a neat zoo section as well, we watched a boa constructor eat a baby chick. Haha it was sad but part of nature and definitely amazing to see. After La Venta we went to the Villahermosa temple. It was so hot outside I thought I was going to pass out. I noticed that all the temples we've been too are kinda cookie cutter temples, they look like Sacramento without the fountain and arches. But whats more important than aesthetics is that they have them here. And so many!
We arrived at our hotel which is actually probably the nicest we have had so far.. everything works right, its really nice haha. My only complaint is that there's no pool! Lol its currently 95 degrees with 63% humidity. But I guess I shouldn't complain because in 4 days its going.to be 111 here!
Tomorrow is fast Sunday and we have what is supposed to be an 8 hour drive to Ticul. I, and some others, have started our fast now so we can eat earlier tomorrow on the bus.  We will only go to fast and testimony meeting tomorrow since we have such a long drive but we will have a testimony meeting on the bus. That'll be cool. I am fasting and praying hard this week, I hope that the Lord will accept my offering and guide me the way that he sees fit at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment