Sunday, May 27, 2012

Coming home

I guess I should write about my experience on the train and coming back home, since I've been back for a week now. The plane from Atlanta to Salt Lake City was an hour and 45 minutes late leaving the airport because the brakes needed a new part or something, we just sat inside the plane while they fixed it. I was really worried because my train was going to leave whether I was there or not and the next one didn't leave til the following evening. Crosswinds helped us out a lot and we made it, the airline let people off first who had connecting flights and were in a hurry, I got off with them, met with my ride and made it to the train station right on time!
The train wasn't bad actually, it was long but not bad. I took Amtrak, and it was suprisingly comfortable. I have never ridden a train before and I didn't buy a sleeper car, just a normal seat. I could recline my seat all the way, had a really big footrest and I had enough legroom to completely stretch out.. And I had two seats to myself so it was nice. My only complaint was that it was cold at night.
After 1130 is quiet hours, they turn out the lights and you aren't allowed to talk unless you go to the lounge, they said if you do talk they would kick you off the train lol. So crazy, I felt like I was in preschool but it's alright, it was nice to be able to sleep. I woke up early in the morning really cold, and some guy in front of me gave me a blanket. The next morning he offered to buy me breakfast. I didn't want to take it because I didn't even know him.. He proceeded to introduce himself, shake my hand, and buy me breakfast from the dining car. His name was Victor, he was probably in his early 30s, he had an 11 year old son, not married. He was really cool, we talked a lot. He's from Midvale, UT but originally from Guadalajara, Mexico. He made me speak Spanish to him, which was fun. He knows a lot about the church because of friends and what not, so that was cool.
We parted ways at the train station, he was sad but what was I going to do? He's too old for me anyways lol!
Anyway everything was good, I made it back, my mom and Amber picked me up from the train station - it was weird to see my mom because she has lost so much weight since I last saw her!

This is where I'm going to end my travel blog, if you want to read more please visit my personal blog, it is private so leave your email in a comment and I'll add you to the readers list! :)


1 comment:

  1. Why hello twin. How have I not known about a personal blog. bluefoxiefox@yahoo.com. Addressed messes!

    ReplyDelete