Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tulum, Mexico; Day 17

Today was the most relaxed day ever. I decided that maybe the best days on these tours ate the days where you don't have a lot planned. Its so nice, in the middle of the hustle, to just sit down and relax! We got up at our hotel in Valladolid and could eat breakfast anywhere from 7-9. I/we went down at 8 and had pancakes <3, orange juice, eggs, a quesadilla and bread rolls. It was all so good. And it was a buffet so that of course makes everything better!
I went back to the store that closed early last night and *nearly* finished shopping. I have one more family to buy for. I really want one of these cool sitting hammocks but I can't figure out how Id get it home on the plane.
We got on the bus at 9 and left for TULUM! We got here about 1030 and first went to a grocery store to get food for the next few days. I stuck with PB just because its so easy. After that we drove to our hotel.
We are right on the beach, literally. It is so amazing. We are staying in these little huts with cute porches and hammocks.. its all really romantic.. haha. Its a place you would want to share with someone you love. Its a public beach but there's no one on it except us. La Vita E Bella, remember this hotel for future reference..
I was in the ocean for maybe two and a half hours. The ocean (actually its the Carribean Sea if you want to get technical) is really salty over here, I forget that about this side of the country. Pacific Ocean is better for that but the water is so warm!!! I put on sunscreen but I burned so bad, so did a lot of other people.. we had an aloe party, "Latter Day Saints Lathering It Up" because we were all so roasted.. we just stripped down and rubbed it on each others backs haha. I bought some finally that has Lanacaine and menthol in it. Best decision of my life.
Tomorrow we go to Tulum ruins, with an LDS guide if we can find one! And then we're supposed to have beach day again but I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to avoid the sun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment